Meet our Providers
Oscar A. Tamez, M.D.
Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon
Adult and Pediatric
Dr. Tamez has been in private practice since 1998 and has treated hundreds of patients, both pediatric and adults. He treats all ailments which affect the ear, nose and throat, including sinus congestion and infections, breathing/septum surgery, snoring and sleep apnea, voice issues, headaches, dizziness, hearing loss, tonsil infections, ear infections, thyroid lesions, neck masses, facial lesions and much more. Dr. Tamez prides himself on being both a quality surgeon and clinician. Because medicine is constantly evolving, he strives to provide his patients with the latest in proven medical and surgical care and to constantly stay updated on technology and techniques which show great promise. He is constantly looking for ways to improve his functional and aesthetic outcomes from surgery, while minimizing as much discomfort to the patient as possible. He is extensively trained and has a wealth of experience.
- Fellow of The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Rhinological Society
- American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 1999
- Owner, Tejas Ear, Nose and Throat, P.A., 2002-present
- Central California Ear, Nose and Throat, 1999-2001
- University of San Francisco at Fresno, 1999-2002
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1998-1999
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1989-1993
Internship and Residency:
- University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHSC) at San Antonio, 1993-1998
- Texas A&M University at College Station
- Bachelor of Science, Class of 1989
Jill Mendez, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Adult and Pediatric
Dr. Jill Mendez is dedicated to excellence in hearing healthcare and to the highest standards of professionalism. She understands just as each patient is unique, so is each hearing loss and lifestyle. She believes in providing the most appropriate hearing technology for individuals through testing with state-of-the-art equipment and personal care.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- State of Texas Licensed Audiologist
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology
- Doctorate of Audiology, University of Cincinnati, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Cincinnati, 2003
- Clinical Audiologist at Otolaryngology practice in Austin, TX
- Clinical Audiologist at hearing aid private practice in Georgetown, TX
- Director of Audiology at Neurotology practice in Phoenix, AZ