Oscar A. Tamez, M.D.
Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon, ENT Surgeon (Ear, Nose and Throat)
Meet Oscar A. Tamez, M.D.
Dr. Tamez is a highly respected Otolaryngologist/Head and Neck Surgeon for both pediatric and adult patients. Dr. Tamez has been successfully treating thousands of families since he established his private practice in 1998. Dr. Tamez continues to be recognized as a Top Doctor here in Austin by the Austin Monthly Magazine, having been awarded the accolade in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019.
Dr. Tamez is passionate about improving your family’s quality of life and health through his continuous education, ensuring that he is on the frontier of medical and technological advancements.
Dr. Tamez enjoys spending time with his wonderful wife, JoAnn, and their three beautiful daughters. Together, the Tamez family delights in traveling, in the arts, in great food, and in getting outdoors for some golf and tennis.
- Fellow of The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Rhinological Society
- American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 1999
- Owner, Tejas Ear, Nose and Throat, P.A., 2002-present
- Central California Ear, Nose and Throat, 1999-2001
- University of San Francisco at Fresno, 1999-2002
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1998-1999
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1989-1993
Internship and Residency:
- University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHSC) at San Antonio, 1993-1998
- Texas A&M University at College Station
- Bachelor of Science, Class of 1989
Languages Spoken : English & Spanish