Dr. Tamez, his wife, all of his children, and many his and his wife’s relatives and friends have undergone ENT procedures which should come as no surprise because most of us, our family members and friends will suffer from acute or chronic ENT ailments during the course of our lifetimes. Most people are familiar with the frequently encountered ear infections, tonsil /strep throat infections in children. Most adults are “suffering” from and Ear, Nose and throat ailment which is affecting their health and quality of life . While technically most of us can live with these ailments, they do not make for the best of living or health. If it is determined that you are a candidate for surgery; rest assured that you have an comprehensive, extensively experienced, compassionate surgeon in Dr. Tamez who has consistently great outcomes. Dr. Tamez and his staff will “hold Your hand” through the entire process. He provides the highest level of coordinated care with meticulous attention to detail. Every operation is performed in the manner that he would want his family member treated. He takes a leadership role with the surgery team, especially anesthesia, to ensure a seamless procedure and recovery. Attention to detail is foremost on Dr. Tamez’s mind.
Ear, Hearing, Dizziness / Vertigo
- Ear tubes in-office
- Repair of Tympanic Membrane perforations (Fat plug Myringoplasty)(in-office)
- Repair of Tympanic Membrane perforations (Tympaoplasty)
- Middle Steroid Injection for Sudden Hearing Loss and Meniere’s
- Complete hearing assessment and rehabilitation
- Complete inner ear testing and assessment (Video ENG)
Nose and Sinus and Asthma
- Balloon Sinuplasty (in-office)
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) with Image Guided technology
- Turbinate Reduction using the latest technologies
Face, Mouth,Throat, Voice Box/Larynx
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy using Latest Technologies
- Uvular surgery for snoring
- Microlaryngeal surgery of the voice box / larynx for removing polyps , cysts, nodules, tumors, laryngoceles , cancers
Dr. Tamez has a wealth of experience with oncologic resection and reconstruction of the primary head and neck cancers with functional oncologic neck dissection preserving vital nerve and vessels to allow patients the best function and cosmetic result possible. Dr. Tamez works with a team of specialists to comprehensively treat all aspects of head and neck cancer.
Head and Neck
- Latest techniques in thyroid Surgery with mini incision
- Latest techniques in parathyroid surgery with mini incision
- Mini incision parotidectomy (facelift incision)
- Latest techniques in submandibular surgery with mini incision
- Removal of head and neck masses and enlarged lymph nodes including
- thyroglossal duct cysts, bronchial cleft cyst, external laryngoceles, preauricular pits.
Dr. Tamez has a wealth of experience with oncologic resection and reconstruction of the primary tumor with functional oncologic neck dissection preserving vital nerve and vessels to allow patients the best function and cosmetic result possible.
Where Dr. Tamez Operates
In order to provide his patients with the best surgical care possible, Dr. Tamez has limited his facility use to the below institutions.
- Oakwood Surgery Center- HCA outpatient facility . The Majority of Dr. Tamez’s elective procedures for children and adults are perform at this facility.
- Round Rock Medical Center- The Majority of Dr. Tamez’s inpatient surgeries are performed at this facility.
- Seton Williamson County Hospital- Dr. Tamez uses this facility for his Seton Plan patients.
- Dell Children’s Hospital – Dr. Tamez uses this facility for complicated pediatric cases.
- Pediatric Center at North Austin Medical Center